Monday, October 12, 2009

NY1 Minute: Omar's Post MBA Life

Hi Cluster G! Hope this posting finds you all doing well, enjoying life, not working too hard, and wistfully looking back at our three day weekends in CBS…

I’m doing well, living and working in NYC :)

I recently started with UBS in their private funds group, where I am focused on advising limited partners on monetizing their private equity interests. It’s a combination of investment banking and private equity, and should be exciting. I’m actually still in training (along with fellow G’s Mike Hollman and Juwon) and will be joining the group next week.

On the personal front, not too much has changed. Mehr and I spent the summer hanging out in the city, partaking in things that we never get around to doing (a combination of touristy activities as well as regular wining & dining). We also moved to a new location within Chelsea, a building that also hosts fellow G Julie and defacto G Shayan (the move was a pain in the @$$ Josh, distance doesn’t make a difference). Mehr and I also did a fair bit of continental traveling this summer. We spent a few days in Toronto for my sister-in-law's graduation. We also embarked on a much anticipated road trip up the California coast, marveling at the scenery while taking tons of photos (see below). Lastly, we spent a few days in Miami, visiting friends that recently relocated there from NYC.

I’m sure I’ll see the NYC-based G’s periodically, but would encourage the rest of you to get in touch if you’re passing through.

















Chilling in Miami by the pool and the Bay


















Somewhere between Hearst Castle and Big Sur along the Pacific Coast Highway
















Rooftop party at our old building

No comments:

Post a Comment