Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lisa's update :)

Helloooooo, G’s! Hard to believe that four months have passed since graduation… pumpkin spice lattes and the cool fall breeze made me realize that summer is really coming to an end. Sigh!

Right after graduation, Brian and I went on a three week trip to Korea, Japan, and China. It was SO fun meeting up with old friends, and Bev too (man you are appearing in every post!). I absolutely loved Japan, but unfortunately we were stuck on a “Korean tour” (yes, the tour guide only spoke Korean… and no, I do not understand Korean)… so Japan definitely remains one of my top 3 places to visit. :) Going to China was a lot more meaningful than I expected… my dad lives in Beijing for much of the year for work and grew up in Shanghai, and I have not been to mainland China since I was four years old. So, I met “his oldest employee,” who is also a close friend and apparently met me back when I was 4 – and learned a lot about my dad’s life out there when I don’t see him in the US.

Other trip highlights were mostly amazingly delicious food… difficult to share via the internet, so here are some touristy photos for your viewing pleasure:

Old Town: Shanghai, China

Jumping picture in honor of Cluster G: Kyoto, Japan

Learning some great promotion strategies from Dunkin Donuts in Incheon Airport: Seoul, Korea

Since then, I have been busy with my event planning biz, Elisabeth Events. Things are coming along slowly but surely—I’m excited to say that I’ve been hired by my second client, and I am partnering with several great vendors in the event industry for a SURPRISE which will be unveiled in a couple of weeks. :) The past few months have definitely been a learning process since I initially started the business with a passion for execution… and there is a ton of other stuff that I need to do to get the business going (I guess that is where an MBA helps! :D).

Aside from summer travels and work, I’ve been living the dream here in the ‘burbs. :) I joined my church’s flag football team (despite a deep rooted disdain for anything related to running), and I am having a blast! (Growth mindset!) I’m trying out new recipes and making use of all those kitchen tools I had no room for in my tiny NYC apt… and enjoying having my officemate, Benny, in my lap for most of the work day. To sign off, I’ll leave you with one of our most recent ‘family photos.’ Really looking forward to hearing updates from everyone else!

xoxo,

Lisa

P.S. For you Benny lovers, please indulge us and take a second to vote for him in this contest! ;) Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment